In order to give you a quick overview
about our area we have provided you with some statistical information
provided by the Australia Bureau of Statistics from the 2001 census.
The information is based on the Bankstown Statistical Local Area
and comparisons are between the 1996 and 2001 Census’.
- The current population is 165604 people (81799 males and 83805
females). This is an increase of 5% since 1996.
- The average age in the area is 35 years.
- 58.7% of the people were born in Australia, 6.5% were born in Lebanon,
5.9% in Vietnam and 2.3% in China.
- The 3 Most common ancestries were Australian 22.8%, English 18.1%
and Lebanese 13.7%.
- 34.8% of people have a personal computer at home and 29.8% use the
internet at home.
- 54.4% of people are married
- 1.6% of people hold postgraduate degrees and 6.9% hold diploma degrees.
- 92.1% of the labor force are employed and the average weekly income
- 63.7% of people drive their car to work, 10.3% catch the train and
1.3% catches the bus
- There are 42087 Free Standing Houses, 5925 Semis & 6365 Flats
- In 1996 there were 42565 Free Standing Houses, 3805 Semis &
4410 Flats and Units
- 66.7% of homes are fully owned or being purchased compared with
68.8% in 1996
- 26.4% of homes are being rented compared with 25.4% in 1996
For more statistical information go to the ABS Site
For more general information about Campsie and the surrounding
areas please visit the Canterbury City Council Web Site.
You will also find some great links to a range of local and community
sites using this google search.